Over the past few years I have made it a practice to select a word for the year and have entered each year anticipating what God would do in my life through the focus of that word. Some years I followed along with Ali Edwards One Little Word project or participated in other word for the year projects. For me, 2015 will be different though. The new faith art community we have begun, His Kingdom Come, will be offering an opportunity to participate with a word from God in our logos365™ project. Will you join me?
What word is God giving you in 2015?
His Kingdom Come will be leading our members in Logos365 during 2015.
His Kingdom Come believes that there is great power in the Word of God. Many people choose one word that represents what they want to see more of in their life during a year. There are websites and books dedicated to this. New Year resolutions come and go very quickly, but this process is allowing God to work in your life and for your focus to become His word for you that lasts an entire year in your life. People choose this word through thoughts or through a word occurring in their reading or devotion time that “speaks” to them. At His Kingdom Come we believe that God will guide us to what he wants to see more of in our lives during the year.
The logos365™ project is our way of finding your word through prayer, bible study and reflection. What do you do with your logos365™? You live with it, you invite it into your life, and you let it speak to you. You follow where it leads you. Your logos365™ is not some promise you will keep for the rest of the year to be better. The intent of your word is that it will become a part of your for the rest of your life. Your word builds upon each other each year, and springs forth from the places you feel you left off from your previous word. Each word you choose builds upon each other as God’s heart becomes embedded in your character. So, the question is
As you consider selecting a word for yourself this year, remember there is no right or wrong choice. Words like abide, abundance, obey, expect, prayer, surrender, delight, submit and listen can be a very powerful experience as you allow God to guide you in your word. This happens in your daily life, in prayer, relationships and bible study.
So how do you find your logos365™? Feel free to use the self- assessment tools posted at His Kingdom Come in the logos365™ group to help you identify your word and to set some personal goals around your word. If you have participated in a one word program before choose the logos365™ returning student worksheet, or if you are totally new to the process use the logos365™ new student worksheet.
To make logos365™ real in your life, consider keeping a logos365™ journal, or creating a scrapbook or a photo book. Keeping a journal throughout the year is crucial to making this word project not just a new year’s resolution, but a change in your walk- a transformation! If you are participating in the take me deeper process, then you can incorporate your logos365™ into your journal. If you are not participating in the take me deeper process here are some logos365™ suggestions.
1. Journaling: There are many kinds of journaling you can do. Pick one that works for you.
· Open a word document on your computer that you write in each day
· Get a spiral notebook, that you use to journal this process
· Buy a blank page journal where you can do some doodling, drawing, and pasting pictures, etc
· Create an art journal where you can write and play (can use your Take me deeper journal)
· Create a weekly, monthly or quarterly post on your blog or at His Kingdom Come about your logos365™ journey.
2. Accountability: share your logos365™ with your local small group. If you don’t have a local small group, we invite you to share at His Kingdom come. Share your word and stay accountable with the online group throughout the year! Find an accountability partner either in person or on HKC. This would be someone that you can share your deepest thoughts with and who will hold you accountable to your own goals and process.
3. Local small group: Schedule specific meeting dates that you can discuss with your small group and your accountability partner during this stepping out in faith.
4. Online group at His Kingdom Come: we will spend a few weeks in January seeking our logos365™. There are worksheets available for free to assist you in the process of spending time with God and discovering what logos365™ He provides to you. Quarterly we will have a weekly discussion about your ongoing progress, any struggles, any praise reports and would love to see how your logos365™ has intertwined throughout your life.
5. Create- make something to keep in your home, at your desk like a canvas, quilt, photo, poem, art journal, wooden word art that will keep your logos365™ in front of you throughout the year. See His Kingdom come for lots of creative examples.
Find out how logos365™ will impact your daily life
And draw you closer to the person God wants you to be
Will you walk out in faith with us in 2015 and live by your logos365™?
Come and have fun, faith and friendship for free at His Kingdom Come!
Join us at http://his-kingdom-come.com/ and sign up for the logos365™ group.
Join the Group http://his-kingdom-come.com/groups/logos365